• What is Quadratic Formula ?
ax² + bx + c
hence Quadratic Formula states as –
- x = [ -b ± √(b² – 4ac)] / 2a
Numerator part of this formula ( except “-b” ) known as discriminant, and gives a very useful information about nature of roots and denoted by “D” :
D = (b² – 4ac)
• following three conditions can be expected from Solution of D i.e.
- if, D > 0 then : existed roots are real but distinct
- if, D = 0 then : existed roots are real and equal
- if, D < 0 then : roots doesn’t exist or imaginary
• From this test we can guess out what kind of roots any given Quadratic equation posses without evaluating.
• Example :
Check out our other related posts :