Here Is one of the best topic of MATHEMATICS which allows us to find out
- The heights of Buildings, towers, skyscraper sand trees, and mountain etc.
- the elevation angle of top of any building with the horizon.
- trigonometry allows us to project any thing from a certain distance and certain angle to attain maximum distance..
- Best thing for Trigonometry I can say these progress what we are seeing around us couldn’t be possible without Trigonometry.
Trigonometry functions and their basics
sin , cosine ( cos ) , tangent ( tan ) , cotangent ( cot ) , sec , Cosec.
so you can observe from the image all the different values of trigonometry functions varies for sin and cos from 0 to 1 as angle varies from 0° to 90°.
but for other functions it is from 0 or 1 to 1 or undefined values.
for better understanding of trigonometry functions how they behave on Cartesian plane check this image out :-
from the above image it is clearly shown that for 1st quadrant all the functions are possessing positive values as we can see in above table and for 2nd, 3rd and 4th quadrant t.here is (Sin, cosec), (tan, cot), and (cos, sec) are positive respectively and rest are negative in particular quadrants.
sin90° = 1 but
sin 270° = ౼1
the reason is
sin 270° = sin ( 180° + 90°)
sin 270° = sin(౼ 90°)
sin 270°= ౼1
because up to 180° sin will remain positive after that it becomes negative.
From above table this doesn’t mean that Trigonometry functions have only values from 0° to 90° rather these functions have from 0° to up to whichever degree you can assume.
- LET ME TELL YOU THE BEST THING ABOUT TRIGONOMETRY IS THAT THIS TOPIC DEPENDS ONLY UPON RIGHT ANGLE TRIANGLES.
In any right angle triangle there is one base and perpendicular and a hypotenuse i.e.
briefly you can observe in following image:-
from this image we can find any of the Trigonometry ratio or angle with the help of three sides of any right angle triangle.
If we don’t know any of the side of triangle then we can find out by Pythagoras Formula i.e.
H² = B² + P²
- Interrelation of Trigonometry functions:-
sin²∅ + cos²∅ = 1